Bivins Orthodontics Patient Information
What to Expect During Your First Visit
- Are there any specific orthodontic conditions that can be addressed?
- Is it necessary to start treatment immediately, or should it be postponed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors occur?
- What are the proposed treatment methods for correcting the issue at hand?
- Will it be necessary to extract any permanent teeth during the process?
- How long will my treatment last?
- What will be the approximate cost for my treatment?
- What payment options are available for me to consider?
Orthodontic Emergency Information
Minor Orthodontic Issues
Most of the problems you’ll face during your treatment will be minor. These can include loose brackets or bands, poking wires, and general tooth discomfort or loosening. These issues do not require immediate attention and can be resolved during your next appointment.
If you are experiencing any of those minor issues, you can always give us a call to find out ways to alleviate your discomfort until your appointment.
True Orthodontic Emergencies
Genuine emergencies are uncommon, but can include:
- Infections or swelling in the gums, mouth, or face
- Injuries to the teeth, mouth, or face
- Intense and unmanageable discomfort or pain